Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Piper

On Aug.1st my best friend Misti got admitted into the hospital she was a little over 26wks. pregnant. She was swelling & had very high blood pressure. I talked to her around 9 that night & she wasn't feeling well, but said that Piper was moving around like crazy. The doctors were sure that Piper was fine, it was Misti that had problems. She was up sick all night & Sat. morning they had to do an emergency c-section. Her placenta had separated. They worked on Little Piper for a long time & couldn't revive her.
When I found out my heart just broke for her. I can't imagine what Misti & Trey are going through!! They got to spend a few hours with Little Piper & a nurse took pictures of her for them. She was BEAUTIFUL!!! Looked JUST like her daddy, had so much Black hair! She was 2.2lbs & 14in. long...perfect in EVERY way!
Misti was in the hospital for a week & got out on the 8th. When people ask me how she's doing I just say "she's doing 100% better than what I would think I would be doing if it were me!" I can't believe how strong she & Trey have both been through all of this! Piper was finally laid to rest on Monday the 11th. Misti said that the service was good & that the church was full of family! I wish I could've been there, but I am so happy that I was there over the weekend.
It's not fair & we don't understand why this happened, but I'm sure there is a plan. Doesn't make it any easier though!
I hate that we didn't get to spend time with her & that she was only here for such a short time! She earned her angel wings FAR TOO EARLY!! I wish I could've given her kisses & loved on her like "MiMi" does with Brookie. So Piper...I'm sending your Kisses to Heaven from Aunt Charity, Uncle Adam & Brookie...We LOVE YOU!!!!

0 comments: